Friday, February 19, 2010

Old tools are new again

I recently joined a stamper's club which a friend got me involved with and I have been feeling like I've been getting back to my roots.

Long before I became a scrapbooker, I was first a stamper. I took some stamping classes over 15 years ago at an unsuspecting local restaurant that happened to have a passion for unusual gifts and carried hundreds and hundreds of rubber stamps and stamping supplies. I learned basic stamping and then took it to the next level with embossing and flocking, using a heat gun, playing with glitter and glue, and playing with markers and different colored inks. I ended up buying a lot of the tools and vowed to make my own cards! Low and behold, time went by and, to my chagrin, I didn't make another card for years.

So, at a recent workshop that I attended for the stamping club, I stamped with embossing ink, added embossing powder, and picked up a heat gun again for the first time in a long time. I've since dug out the stamps that I've bought over the years, and have been spending some time today at Cool Crops in Andover, MA, cutting and mounting them so that I can get some cards made this weekend!

Next post will be about the Big Shot, from Sizzix, which I picked up recently as well after finding out about Tim Holtz' Alterations products!

No comments:

Post a Comment