Sunday, May 30, 2010

Landscaping and Filmstrips

So, we've been working on our backyard over this holiday weekend; my husband has moved 2 truckloads of dirt into the backyard to re-grade it and eliminate the water problem we have when it rains really hard. I took a few pictures, including one where he's doing a wheelie with the bobcat (yes, that's my husband alright), and will definitely be scrapbooking them.

Last year, we had to dig a trench and lay pipe as well so water was at least draining out to the street properly. I took a series of pictures from that event and found that I really liked using filmstrips to put the series of pictures in motion.

I think this technique could apply to any type of series of pictures where you can't decide which ones to use, but you also want to show progression. Tim Holtz makes a great flimstrip ribbon that I absolutely love....you should try it out sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment